Statement by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the President of the Russian Federation
We, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia N.V. Pashinyan, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan I.H. Aliyev, and the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin, have hereby stated the following: (the photocopy is enclosed)
1. As of 00:00 Moscow time, 10 November 2020, a complete ceasefire and cessation of all military operations in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone is hereby declared. The Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Armenia, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, shall stop at their current positions.
2. Aghdam region shall be returned to the Republic of Azerbaijan by 20 November 2020.
3. Peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed along the line of contact in Nagorno Karabakh and along the Lachin corridor, composed of 1960 servicemen with firearms, 90 armoured carriers, 380 units of motor vehicles and special equipment.
4. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed in parallel with the withdrawal of the Armenian Armed Forces. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall stay for a period of 5 years, with further automatic 5-year extensions, where 6 months prior to the expiry of the time period none of the Parties declares of its intention to terminate the application of the provision.
5. A peacekeeping center for ceasefire control; shall be deployed for the purpose of increasing effective control over the implementation of arrangements between the Parties to the conflict.
6. The republic of Armenia shall return the Kelbajar region to the Republic of Azerbaijan by 15 November, 2020, and the Lachin region by 1 December 2020. The Lachin corridor (5 km wide) which will ensure the communication between Nagorno Karabakh and the Armenia and at the same time will circumvent the city of Shushi, shall remain under the control of the peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation.
Upon agreement reached between the Parties, a plan for the construction of a new route along the Lachin corridor shall be determined within the upcoming three years, ensuring communication between Nagorno Karabakh and Armenia, with subsequent redeployment of Russian peacekeeping contingent to protect this route.
The Republic of Azerbaijan shall guarantee safe movement of citizens, vehicles and cargo in both directions along the Lachin corridor.
7. Internally displaced persons and refugees shall return to the territory of Nagorno Karabakh and adjacent regions under the control of the Agency of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
8. An exchange of prisoners of war, hostages and other detained persons and corpses of deceased persons shall be carried out.
9. All economic and transport links in the region shall be unblocked. The Republic of Armenia shall guarantee the safety of transport communication between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic with a view to organize the unimpeded movement of citizens, vehicles and cargo in both directions. Control over transport communication shall be exercised by the Border Guard Service bodies of the FSS of Russia.
Upon agreement reached between the Parties, construction of new transport communications linking the Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic with the western regions of Azerbaijan shall be ensured.